According to NeoGAF, the upcoming Assassin’s Creed game for the Playstation Vita will be highlighted in the upcoming issue of Game Informer. The game will be titled Assassin’s Creed 3: Liberation and will launch alongside Assassin’s Creed 3 on October 30th.
The game will star a female protagonist named Aveline, and will be the first Assassin’s Creed to do so, it will also take place in New Orleans. Some more details about the game are listed below.
- Unlike the Assassin’s Creed 3 protagonist Connor Kenway, Aveline will not be Native American but instead she has a mixed heritage of French/African American.
- The game will take place during 1765-1780 in the period between the end of the French and Indian War, and will lead up to the middle of the American Revolution.”.
- Will not be connected to Desmond.
- Will have “Multiplayer specifically tailored to the Vita experience.”.
- Aveline’s mentor is an escaped slave named Agate, Agate is the leader of the assassins in New Orleans.
- The game will have “True Assassin’s Creed gameplay.”.
- Liberation will also take players across the Gulf into Mexico.
- The game will have “Large gameplay areas, you can run, climb, fight, and explore the entirety of New Orleans without loading a new area.”.
- Assassin’s Creed 3: Liberation will be developed by Ubisoft Sofia, who developed Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars on the Nintendo 3DS. Shadow Wars holds a 77 on Metacritic.
The game looks promising. We will probably see an announcement about the game on Monday at E3. I for one, am interested to see what that “specifically tailored” multiplayer experience is all about.
- Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation Dev Talk, Connor Crossover